Space Law Advisors has over 30 years experience working with international satellite procurement. Through a a wide network of experienced experts in the field we are equipped to handle projects of any size.
PROCUREMENT OF SATELLITES PROJECTS
- Advised OverHorizon (Cyprus) PLC (OverHorizon) and was a member of the team responsible for the procurement of the OH-1 satellite system for its satellite-on-the-move broadband communication service.
- Advised SSC and was a member of the team responsible for the procurement of the first Swedish satellite – a scientific satellite named VIKING.
- Advised SSC and was a member of the team responsible for the procurement of the multipurpose telecommunication satellite TELE-X.
- Advised the Nordic Satellite Company (NSAB) on the procurement of the
- MARCO POLO 1 satellite from BSkyB and moving the satellite from 31°W.L. to
- 5°E.L. including advising and coordinating successful litigation removing an attempt by a third party to block the sale of the satellite to my client.
- Advised NSAB on the competitive procurement of the SIRIUS 2 satellite and led the team responsible for negotiating the commercial and legal terms of the satellite procurement with all bidders. In parallel with the procurement I negotiated the terms and conditions of a pre-sale of half the satellite to GE Americom.
- Advised NSAB on the competitive procurement of the SIRIUS 3 satellite and led the team negotiating the commercial and legal terms of the satellite procurement with all bidders.
- Advised NSAB and led the negotiations of the commercial and legal terms in
- NSAB:s initial effort to procure SIRIUS 4 (abandoned prior to signing).
- Advised ictQATAR on the joint procurement, with Eutelsat, of the multipurpose communications ES’HAIL 1 satellite.
- Advised NSAB in negotiations with Russian Space Agency (RKA), Inform Cosmos and Intersputnik relating to the acquisition of a Direct Broadcasting Satellite from Elbe Space & Technology.