SOUNDING ROCKETS AND STRATOSPHERIC BALLOONS
- Assisted SSC in transforming an existent co-operation concerning sounding rocket and balloon campaigns within the framework of Esrange Andoya Special Projects (EASP) into a co-operation within a network of centres and prepared the revised treaty entered into by Sweden, Norway, Germany, France and Switzerland with ESA as an observer.
- Assisted SSC in an administrative appeal seeking to overturn concessions granted to ABRC Sweden AB for gold and copper exploration on the Esrange sounding rocket base in order to safeguard the ability of Esrange to continue launching sounding rockets within acceptable safety parameters. The effort ultimately caused the Swedish Government to amend the Mineral Exploration Act to protect the sounding rocket launches from Esrange.
UP-LINK SERVICES, MULTIPLEXING
- Assisted and advised NSAB and SSC in relation to the drafting of agreements regarding the transfer of NSAB’s Satellite Uplink Facilities to SSC, including renegotiation of existing agreements with service provider, Teracom, and agreements with customers such as MTG and SVT.
- Advised a member of one of the consortia bidding for the Skynet 5 satellite concession on the draft concession agreement.
ORBITAL SLOT/FREQUENCY LICENSING
- Assisted a satellite operator in obtaining an orbital slot and frequency license from the Cyprus Government.
- Assisted a satellite operator in its negotiations for an orbital slot and frequency license from the Principality of Monaco.
- Assisted a satellite operator in its negotiations for an orbital slot and frequency license from the Government of Afghanistan.
- Advised a satellite operator on the OFCOM regulations with respect to ITU filings for radio frequencies and the use thereof