SATELLITE REGULATORY ISSUES
- Advised Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) concerning the satellite regulatory framework in France in anticipation of the promulgation of the Space Activities Law adopted by Japan in May 2008.
- Advised on regulatory issues concerning satellite communications in the UAE and other jurisdictions in the MENA Region.
- Advised Spaceport Sweden with respect to the regulatory environment required for private sub-orbital human space flights (space tourism).
- Advised SES SIRIUS regarding available remedies and a possible complaint as a result of an alleged infringement of EU law by the Swedish State in connection with introduction of a digital terrestrial network and alleged state subsidies to such network in Sweden.
- Advised SES SIRIUS in developing a strategy towards the Baltic countries, here in particular Latvia, in order to be actively involved in their switchover strategies in the transition from analogue to digital broadcasting.
- Assisted SWE-DISH Satellite Systems in various U.S. Regulatory matters, including securing Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) licenses authorizing the client to operate earth stations in the U.S. and securing FCC certification for the sale in the U.S. of earth station equipment and related devices manufactured by the client.
- Advised Viatis on how to establish at EU level common rules or close to common rules among member states for radio broadcasting and other services via satellite to subscribers and free to air listeners in the member states.
- Assisted SSC with regard to a dispute regarding compensation for costs following a decision by County of Norrbotten, Sweden, declaring the Esrange rocket range a special protected area under Swedish legislation regarding national security.
- Advised WorldSpace France on how to establish at EU level common rules or close to common rules among member states for radio broadcasting and other services via satellite to subscribers and free to air listeners in the member states.